Thursday, March 08, 2007

Winter woes

I hate winter.

The wrathful wintry winds leave me
bitter and dry.
My skin itches and my lips keep splitting.
My nails are jagged and worn.
Each day when I step outside,
the frigid wind blowing against my cheeks
feels like a slap across my face.
It burns. It stings.
The cold attacks my legs through my pants (no matter how thick)
and I imagine thousands of sharp nails digging into my skin
(storming along my veins) would hurt less than this.

My montrously long scarf (wrapped thrice 'round my neck and face) should be able to protect me from the chill - but no - oh no - the arctic weather seeps through penetrating all clothing layers till it numbs the skin hiding beneath.

Just go away.
I wish it could
be summertime
every day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh, that made me freakin' freezing! Good thing that it's like 20°C here today and I can out outside and warm up :D Can't wait for you to come and visit!!
Amore!
CNote.