Friday, March 23, 2007

Imagining Darkness

Standing here as I feel your hand slip from my grasp.
and I am alone.
Again.
The first time in years.

Black clouds encompass my sky.
I search through them, to find some light.
. . .
But, there is none.
Darkness surrounds me.
The sun - the stars, have hidden themselves
amongst the encapsulating blackness.
and the light
. . .

there is none.

my eyelids shut tight (out of disbelief).
yet when i try to pry them open,
they remain shut.
(darkness forever).
darkness is all I'll ever know now.
without you.

Red liquid runs between my lips (in an attempt
to comfort me) but nothing is the same.
I am blind without the light.
I call out (cry out) for its return,
but it is gone - too far gone - to hear me.

Alone, alone, alone.

The water rises above my lips; above my eyes.
I cannot see the abyss around me.
The water comforts me and eases my pain.
I feel weightless.
As I sink into the water's waiting arms,
I think, "at least I am not alone anymore."

No comments: