Saturday, February 10, 2007

Miss you love


A ghost in the shadows - hiding behind the curtains.
Nothing is the same without you.

Parties with booze and laughter and song, but still . . .
something is missing. Some loneliness enters my soul.
Missing your laughter and your smiles.
Nothing is the same without you.
I threw another party - danced another dance
without you.
and it will never be the same.
Ottawa is colder without you.

I sit here alone, drinking my red wine, thinking of you.
Always thinking of you.
It's almost been a year since we were parted.
And I'll never be the same
since I met you.

Plans of flying across oceans (even without my advil)
to see your face again.
I just hope I can find my passport.

Red wine isn't the same without you.
Cheese isn't as good without you.
I am not the same without you.

And I miss you love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brenda, I miss you too more than words can say. I am all misty eyed and whatnot... I am so touched- thanks for thinking of me bDog. I can't wait for you to come visit the land of wine and cheese!! Come now!
I love you and miss you tons!!
Chiara.

Claire said...

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Cxx