Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Girlie moments


With blow-dried hair and painted face, i stepped outside to brace the world. More effort than usual went into my 'look' today. i wanted to look beautiful - sexy . . . perfect. But as i gaze at my hair, all i see are the split ends - every strand of hair is split. When i catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, all i see are the blemishes. i sit at work and cut the ends trying to remove all the splits, but i can always see one more. i should just shave my head. It's too difficult to see the Beauty in me. i look everywhere for Her, but She's hiding today. i want so much for Beauty to seep from my pores, but all that seeps is grease. i know i shouldn't care this much about how i look, but somedays (today) i long to be gorgeous.

Stop. Rewrite.

With blow-dried hair and painted face, I stepped outside to brace the world. More effort than usual went into my 'look' today. I wanted to look beautiful - sexy . . . perfect. I feel like a goddess floating on clouds; my hair so soft to touch I've been running my fingers through my hair all day. So now my hair is not quite as straight as it was when the day began. I love the way my hair feels when I've straightened it - soft and delicate against my cheeks. It smells pretty today - I smell pretty today. Perfume and make-up all for me. pink eyeshadow to match my shirt- brushed every so lightly on with eyeliner to draw attention to my Gorgeous green eyes. Every time I pass a mirror today, I stop to stare at the Beauty in me. And it feels good. I don't care if it seems shallow. Some days it's nice to feel beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey B-Dog!
I like HOT days too :) Every now and again, I get girlie and let 'er rip. Its good for your ego and for your confidence. Everyday would just suck and is quite frankly unrealistic. Nice picture! You looked great! Keep up the estrogen levels, its only human :D
C-Note