Sunday, October 15, 2006

Fire Goddess


Buring red.
Flames flowing in the wind.
Red satin spinning 'round.
Soft to touch - red on my lips.

Burn. Burn. Burn.

The dark of night.
Silence all around.
Red flashes of light in the distance.
Red satin twirling floating on air.
Sweet berry aroma - red in my nose.

Fly. Fly. Fly.

Raise your wings to the stars.
Soar amongst the clouds
Red satin trails swirl above us.
Sirens sound - red in my ears.

Live. Live. Live.

Red hair and finger tips.
Fairy dust and pixie wings.
Someone to admire.
Red satin sprawled upon the earth.
Bitter sweet - red on my tongue

Behold - the red goddess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you.

you should have heard my little gasp of surprise when i found it...

i'm so speechless. this is a beautiful poem.

i danced with rachelle last night and we sent you a mental hug.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brenda,
Cool poem, what kind of wine were you drinking? Sicilian I believe. it can be slightly fruity.
I think you should callme. Find a phone card with good rates to Spain. Do it.
Ming.