Thursday, August 06, 2015

One Month

I wrote this three years ago, but never posted it.  I haven't posted anything in a long time and I'm not entirely sure why I feel like sharing now, but I do.

start anew

Slowly I am teaching my heart
to deal with us being apart.

One month has past since
we were joined - yet
only two weekends have I
felt your touch
your embrace
your gentle lips upon my skin.

Over two months since
we began our journey beyond friendship - yet
only four weekends have I
seen your face
your smile
your loving eyes staring into mine.

Over ten years have swept by since
we first met - yet
only five times have I
felt you inside me
you pulsing
your rhythm in time with mine

So far - yet so close
How can this ever be enough?
My heart beaming at every hello.
My soul breaking at every goodbye.


Your lover.
Your friend.

No comments: