Friday, July 28, 2017

Secret Thoughts

The secrets I keep
Hidden deep within me
Would scare you as they scare me.
The secrets I keep.
Understanding is a joke.
The world around me throws around words of concern, acceptance, caring.
But I know.
I know.
If i let you in.
If I let you see
The secrets I keep
Hidden deep inside me.
You wouldn't understand.
You couldn't understand
The secrets I keep
Hidden.
Deep.
Inside.
Me.
If you knew the darkness in me, the pain, the sorrow,
You would hate me as I despise
my weakness.

Cut too deep, not deep enough. 
No reason to feel like this. 
But I feel like this.

 Push it down deep. And lock the chest. Plaster a smile across your lips and throw in a laugh. 
Don't let them know.
Can't let them know.
The secrets that I keep.
Hidden deep inside me.
That I am broken.  Unfixable.
I cry for no reason.
Scars on my wrists.
Memories of horrors
I can't relive.
You think you know me,
But you don't know me.
I won't let you.
Because I don't want to know me.
Broken.
Unfixable. 

No comments: