Thursday, August 06, 2015

Starting up Again


I missed you.
I missed every part of you:
My heart racing with
every step pounding on the pavement,
the blood rushing in my face,
the cool breeze blowing across my skin,
the hot sun baking my shoulders.

I love you.
I love every part of you:
the tingling sensation on my cheeks while
I’m pushing myself to go further
the dizziness coming upon me,
the faint feeling ever increasing,
the phlegm creeping up my throat.

I want you.
I want every part of you:
losing myself in my thoughts
as I keep moving faster,
the aching in my lungs,
the refreshingly cold water sliding down my throat,
the cramp in my side,
the energizing music playing in my ears.

I keep moving.  I keep running.  Every time it becomes easier.
Every trip I can run further, longer, faster.  Keep pushing.
Like a drug, the more I run, the more I miss it, the more I want it, the more I enjoy it.
All these years wasted without you.
This time, I tell myself I’ll hold onto the feeling; I’ll remember why I love you - why I need you.

I missed you.  I missed every part of you.  I love you.  I love every part of you.  I want you.  I want ever part of you.  The joy and the pain.

No comments: