Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Gray Silence

The silence is deafening.
I long to write, but no inspiration comes.
I hear wordless noise pounding in my eardrums.
my thoughts are all scrambled now.
my mouth is noiseless now.
my voice is lost - dead - and gone.
"if you keep losing me" . . .

I've begun to realize that my emotions have little to do with
anything in my life. I can go from high up to low down
as fast as if I dove head first off a cliff. And then I clutch at the mountain's side, grasping and digging my fingers into the dirt, struggling desperately to pull myself up.
But nothing seems to work; I'm making no progress.
and then
and then
and then . . .
In the flap of a bird's wing, I'm at the top with no effort at all. Everything is smiles and sunshine and butterflies.

"I know it’s been far too long in [this] stormy weather."

Soon the sun will shine again.

No comments: